Have you always wanted to give the exterior of your home a makeover, but just don’t know where to begin? Your home’s exterior is the first thing that people see when they pull into your driveway, which means it makes the most impactful impression. Whether you want to relish in your homes outdoor beauty or make it look great for potential homebuyers, sprucing up your front yard is a fantastic home improvement and definitely adds curb appeal.
Take a look at some of the top, cost-effective ways to add some beauty to your front yard.
- Focus on your front door — Whether you believe it or not, your front door has a significant effect on the overall look of your front yard. Make a statement by painting your entryway door a bright colour such as red or any unique colour that complements the exterior of your home. Add a crisp new door handle and how about a matching knocker and kick plate.
- Upgrade old hardware — It is old and faded house numbers, railings, stone, and light fixtures that date houses the most. By replacing these older ones with newer more modern elements, you can add style and curb appeal to your home. If your home’s small details are not up to date, they may subtract from its overall attractiveness and not be of interest to potential buyers. When buyers automatically see a fixer-upper before even entering the home, it’s likely that they will think the house poses too much work for them.
- Create symmetry — It’s a proven fact that people are more drawn to something when it is symmetrical. It’s far more pleasing to the eye and is also easy to achieve. Line up the outdoor sconce with a planter directly below it, on both sides of the door. Coordinate the colours of the urns, pots, flowers, and sconces with the colour theme of your home to create a perfect flow.
- Install outdoor lighting — Lights that brighten a walking path which leads to your front door is a great way to add appeal. Not only does it add an element of beauty, but it also acts as a safety feature as it illuminates the walkway when night falls, ensuring that nobody trips on unexpected gaps and lips in the stone or concrete. Since these come in solar power, they won’t cost you any money in power or batteries.
- Flowers, shrubs, plants, and trees — Adding a garden will add a warm and inviting feel to your home. Stagger plants and asymmetrically position them to achieve a dynamic setting. Setting down new sod, plucking out weeds from in between interlocking stone, raking up leaves, adding a fresh new mailbox, and adding mulch to your garden are all great ways to boost the curb appeal of your home efficiently.
- Install window boxes –: Floral window boxes will offer your home instant beauty and aesthetic, as they are an easy way to add a touch of colour and greenery. A little planning goes a long way and will add that much-needed dose of streetside allure. Add plants and flowers of various kinds to create a compelling look.
- Garden gates — Garden gates, trellises, and decorative fence panels are a great way to add curb appeal. They are easy to install, and it’s rewarding to watch vines grow on them. If you aren’t a fan of the natural wood that they come in, consider painting them a colour that will match the rest of your front yard decor.
An eye-catching, put-together, and updated front yard is essential when wanting to improve your home’s look. The exterior of your home can make or break a home sale which means it’s imperative that homeowners keep the outside of their house looking manicured and put together.
A fresh and welcoming outdoor space gives a great feeling. From colour schemes to landscaping and adding attractive elements outside of the house, these home improvements will set the atmosphere and mood for potential homebuyers.